“Security Officer I” – (1) Five hour block of instruction
8 Hours Total
In this course of instruction the student will learn the following:
- Criminal Law / Search & Seizure – An overview of local criminal law statutes that an individual may encounter during their service as a security officer. In particular those laws relating to trespassing, loitering, and arrest will be covered in depth. We will also cover applicable civil statutes and rules relating to security officers in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Additionally, the student will gain a thorough understanding of the laws relating to search and seizure and how they apply in their duties.
- Patrol Techniques
- Methods / Observation / Hazards
- Local Jurisdiction Licensing Requirements – Attendees will learn all of the steps needed to become licensed in Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia as both an armed security officer as well as an unarmed security officer.
- Customer Service / Ethics – Customer Service is extremely important in the security field; officers need to be well versed in the tactics of “Verbal Judo”. These techniques will not only reduce the occasional complaint from a citizen regarding how an officer spoke to him or her, but in a lot of cases being skilled in Verbal Judo could save the officers life. The student will learn how utilizing the proper communication techniques can de-escalate a precarious situation. Additionally, participants will learn how to ethically perform their duties as a security officer.
- Armed Threat Recognition – The students will learn how to effectively identify and react to persons carrying concealed weapons. Years of experience and studies have shown certain characteristics exhibited by those carrying weapons; the students will learn what these indicators are and what to do if they suspect someone is armed.
Special Introductory Rate – $99.00
(regularly $119.00 limited time offer)