Wednesday October 3, 2012 – Wednesday October 3, 2012
1015 Brightseat Road
“Maryland Armed Permit Firearms Course” – (1) block of instruction
(9) Nine hours total
Special Early Registration Pricing Before September 26, 2012 – Register Today For $165.00 -Regularly $175.00
In this course of instruction the student will learn the following:
- Firearms Safety - A minimum of one hour discussing and demonstrating safety with the handgun on the range, off the range, at home, transporting, and while on duty.
- Use of Force / Deadly Force - Students will be taught the proper levels of force to deploy when encountering situations where they are defending themselves or others. In particular instruction will focus on deploying deadly force and the implications of doing so. Officers will become thoroughly familiar with a Use of Force model based on those used by many area police jurisdictions. Attendees will learn how their actions may be later questioned and viewed during civil proceedings.
- Care and Use of a Handgun – A minimum of 6 hours of training in nomenclature, maintenance, sight alignment, position shooting, dry-firing and range practice and qualification shall be given. Participants shall use either a .38 caliber revolver with a minimum 2-inch and a maximum 6-inch barrel or a 9MM pistol.
- Range Qualification – Those that have successfully completed the Firearms Safety portion of this block of instruction will be scheduled to complete their range qualification in order to obtain their armed certification. A qualifying score of 70 percent shall be fired on a practical police course.
- NRA First Steps Pistol Course – “Firearm Instruction, Responsibility, and Safety Training.” Students receive knowledge on the safe operation, cleaning, and storage of pistols as well as an introduction to pistol and ammunition nomenclature. Practical exercises cover the most fundamental shooting skills, basic shooting positions, and proper safe gun handling techniques. *This course satisfies the training requirement of 48 states’ conceal carry license/permit applications. This portion alone is a $90 course if taken elsewhere – we include this certification when you take the Blueline Security Services Armed Permit Course.
- Certification – Students will receive a certification that they have successfully passed the Maryland Armed Carry course. Trainers are NRA certified instructors.
**Class minimum of 6 participants**
Attendees Must Be Paid In Full – Your seat is not confirmed until payment is received