“Bar & Restaurant Security” – (2) Four hour blocks of instruction
8 Hours Total
In this course of instruction the student will learn the following:
- Criminal Law / Search & Seizure – An overview of local criminal law statutes that an individual may encounter during their service as security at a bar or restaurant. In particular those laws relating to trespassing, loitering, and arrest will be covered in depth. We will also cover applicable civil statutes and rules relating to security officers in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Additionally, the student will gain a thorough understanding of the laws relating to search and seizure and how they apply in their duties.
- Operational Techniques – Methods / Observation / Hazards
- Identifying fake identifications
- Underage drinking awareness
- Spotting intoxicated individuals before they become a problem
- Customer Service / Ethics – Customer Service is extremely important in the security field; officers need to be well versed in the tactics of “Verbal Judo”. These techniques will not only reduce the occasional complaint from a citizen regarding how a security person spoke to him or her, but in a lot of cases being skilled in Verbal Judo could save the security persons life.
- Conflict Resolution and De-escalation - The student will learn how utilizing the proper communication techniques can de-escalate a precarious situation. Additionally, participants will learn how to ethically perform their duties as a security officer.
- Armed Threat Recognition – The students will learn how to effectively identify and react to persons carrying concealed weapons. Years of experience and studies have shown certain characteristics exhibited by those carrying weapons; the students will learn what these indicators are and what to do if they suspect someone is armed.
- Defensive Tactics – Day 2 will be 4 hours of hands on defensive tactics techniques and maneuvers. By the nature of the occupation security officers may find themselves having to become physically involved with a suspect that has committed a crime or is presenting a threat to the officer or others. Students will be instructed by law enforcement professionals in the proper use and deployment of:
- Control Holds
- Escort Techniques
- Take down techniques
- Pressure point tactics
Special Introductory Rate – $119.00
Rate is per person for individual registrations. Groups of 5 or more $109.00 per person.
(regularly $129.00 limited time offer)E-Mail Us To Set Up Your Group Class Register Today